Whole House Water Filtration Systems
House Water Filtration Systems Installation & Repairs Riverside CA
Should I Purchase A Whole House Water Filtration Systems?
For almost 40 years, Jim and Sons Plumbing has focused on delivering high-quality service to all its customers near Riverside Ca. Delivering high quality with efficiency has been our standard for the last 4 decades. Lately, there have been a lot of inquiries regarding whole house water filtration systems.
Therefore, to help everyone become more knowledgeable, we put together this page to inform you about whole house water filtration systems in detail.
What Are Whole House Water Filtration Systems?
Whole house water filtration systems are the water filtration cleaning systems that filter the water that enters your house. Often referred to as Point of Entry systems as it is installed at your main water pipeline. It may consist of a series of filters including mechanical sediment filter, ultraviolet filter, and water softeners. Overall, this whole house water filtration systems would soften and remove sediments such as chlorine or chloramine and disinfect all the water that enters your house. This ensures that every time you use the water, it would be clean and filtered water that is safe to use.
Benefits of using Whole House Water Filtration Systems
There are Multiple Benefits of Using Whole House Water Filtration Systems:
- Safe and Pure Water: The whole house water filtration systems are a single-stage system that consists of single/multi-stage filtration based on your water supply. By combining all these advanced filters such as UV filter, sediment filter, disinfectant, etc. You can remove the risk of contaminants that other filters may not be able to eliminate.
- Convenience: The whole house water filtration systems start treating the water as soon as it enters your house. This ensures that you will be getting high-quality water throughout the house, which is far more convenient than having filters at every tap of the house.
- Reliable and Cost-Effective: One filtration system will have less maintenance than having multiple water filters in your house. Also, it is much more reliable than a pitcher filter or faucet filter. These filter systems are cheap but they are temporary solutions that do not give you the safest and cleanest water possible. Also, temporary systems often require replacement and have reliability issues.
How Do I Choose the Best Among Multiple Whole House Water Filtration Systems Available in the Market?
Selecting the right one among a lot of whole house water filtration systems in the market is very important. It all depends on your water supply quality, but to make it easier for you, we have included the following points to consider for selecting the best among many whole house water filtration systems:
- When the water has a lot of hardness, then a whole house water softener is strongly recommended
- If you experience minerals such as iron or manganese coming from your water source, whole house water filtration systems will help you to remove them.
- With a city utility, you should consider eliminating the chlorine coming through your water supply.
- If you notice stubborn stains and hardness of residue in your showers, then you should consider purchasing whole house water filtration systems.
What is the Difference Between Whole House Water Filtration Systems and Drinking Water Filters?
The next most common question is, “what is the difference between whole house water filtration systems and drinking water filters.”
Well, the whole house water filtration systems are Point of Entry (POE) filtration systems that filter and treat water as soon as it enters the household. Then, it distributes it throughout the house for all purposes such as showers, brushing teeth and doing dishes.
Whereas, the conventional drinking water system filter is a Point-of-Use (POU), which is generally located under the counter or on the countertop. These are designed to filter out the water for drinking, cooking, and running ice machines in your refrigerator.
Consequently, the whole house water filtration systems can clean the water for the whole house. On the other side, the point-of-use water filters are used for drinking, mixing beverages, and cooking.
Which Whole House Water Filtration Systems are the Best?
This list for the whole house water filtration systems is very long. However, the best water filtration system for you may depend on your water supply quality:
- City Water: When using city water, the focus should be to get rid of chlorine. It is used as a disinfectant by the municipalities to reduce the cases of typhoid, cholera, or diphtheria. However, it changes the taste and odor of the water that comes from the water supply and you certainly won’t prefer to drink water that has chlorine. The good news is that chlorine can be removed from the water using a filter so that you can freely use the water.
- Well Water: When you have water that comes from the well supply, there are several whole house water filtration options available that can remove contaminants such as minerals, chemicals, gases like hydrogen sulphide that may give out rotten egg smell.
Getting rid of all these contaminants, and pollutants may require you to equip different combinations of filters for your water supply. Your local plumber can help you choose the right filtration system accordingly.
What is the Cost of Whole House Water Filtration Systems and is it Worth it?
The Whole house filter can be used as a simple drop-in filter cartridge that solves all water contamination problems. The filters used are of high quality that could hold a carbon block, for example, to remove chlorine. These carbon filters are not as expensive as water softeners, backwashing systems for iron removal, or odor removal. Consequently, the cost of a whole house-filtration system depends on the type of equipment required. Your local plumber in Riverside & San Bernardino County Ca will be able to give you an economical solution.
Keep in mind that if the whole house water filtration system solves all your water problems, then, yes, it’s worth it!
How Are the Whole House Water Filtration Systems Installed?
To get started with the whole house water filtration systems, you would require equipment that is needs to be installed. If you have a well water supply, then these pieces of equipment go right after the pressure tank so it can filter out 100% of the water that goes inside your house. In the case of city water, a filter is required to reduce all the chlorine, sediments, and ultraviolet disinfection. If your city’s disinfection process fails or even an event like a flood occurs, then a UV system in your house will provide the added protection.
To make it an easy affair, always consult a professional while selecting the right whole house filtration system for your home. A professional plumber can guide you to choose the right system and filters for your house based on your water supply quality.
We hope that this page has made you familiar about the concepts of whole house water filtration systems.
Other Plumbing Services Our Professional Plumber Team Offers
Including our whole house water filtration systems, Jim & Sons Plumbing & Rooter also provides other plumbing services you may require for your home or business in Riverside, Ca. We’re here to repair your clogged drain, fix water leaks and main water lines, and remodel and maintain your plumbing system. We’re also here to keep your home or business in perfect order with our sewer & drain services. Be sure to check out our special offers and contact us today to schedule an appointment or call now at (951) 248-9134.